The deadline for submission of applications for the Spring 2018 grant processing cycle (for programs and projects taking place in the fall of 2018) has passed. Please revisit this page in September for information on the Fall 2018 grant processing cycle.
For additional information you may click on the following link to download and read the Spring 2018 grant application guidelines:
Grant Application Processing Schedule:
Monday, March 12: Applications Available Online Only
Wednesday, April 11: Applications Due at SIEF
- Applicants must be year-round Shelter Island residents.
- Incomplete and invalid applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be as concise as possible and supporting documentation limited. A member of the Grants Committee may contact the applicant if additional information is required.
- In judging applications, preference will be given to those who apply for off-Island experiences that, in the opinion of the Grants Committee, offer the most challenging and creative possibilities.
- Applicants should drop their completed and signed applications in the Main Office at the Shelter Island School during school hours on or before Wednesday, April 11 at 3 pm. Please do not mail them!
- If you need more information, please contact Mrs. Mahoney at Janine.Mahoney@shelterisland.k12.ny.us or at 631-749-0302, extension 133.
April 23 – 30: Applicants Interviewed (if necessary)
May 8 – 16: Applicants Notified of Decisions
Grant Payment Form
If you have been approved for a grant, you are required to submit a GRANT PAYMENT FORM. It takes at least two weeks upon receipt of the form for the Foundation to issue a grant check.