The Shelter Island Educational Foundation is now accepting individual and institutional grant applications for programs and projects taking place in the fall of 2018 and during the 2018-2019 school year.
Grant application forms may be downloaded using the links provided below. For additional information please click on the following link to download and read these grant application guidelines:
Grant Application Processing Schedule:
Monday, March 12: Applications Available Online Only
Wednesday, April 11: Applications Due at SIEF
- Applicants must be year-round Shelter Island residents.
- Incomplete and invalid applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be as concise as possible and supporting documentation limited. A member of the Grants Committee may contact the applicant if additional information is required.
- In judging applications, preference will be given to those who apply for off-Island experiences that, in the opinion of the Grants Committee, offer the most challenging and creative possibilities.
- Applicants should drop their completed and signed applications in the Main Office at the Shelter Island School during school hours on or before Wednesday, April 11 at 3 pm. Please do not mail them!
- If you need more information, please contact Mrs. Mahoney at Janine.Mahoney@shelterisland.k12.ny.us or at 631-749-0302, extension 133.
April 23 – 30: Applicants Interviewed (if necessary)
May 8 – 16: Applicants Notified of Decisions
Grant Application Forms
Click on the following links to download the Adobe Acrobat computer-fillable forms for the spring 2018 processing cycle:
Grant Payment Form
If you have been approved for a grant, you are required to submit a GRANT PAYMENT FORM. It takes at least two weeks upon receipt of the form for the Foundation to issue a grant check.