Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant! The Shelter Island Educational Foundation will be accepting individual and institutional grant applications for programs and projects taking place in 2017. Please read guidelines HERE.
Grant applications are available below in a PDF format. Download the application first, and save to your computer/tablet. Then, complete the “live” form on your device, and print. We no longer accept hand written applications.
Grant Application Processing Schedule:
- Monday, March 6: Applications Available Online Only
- Monday, April 3: Application Due at SIEF
Applications, along with recommendations and the essay for individual projects, must be completed, signed, and mailed (postmarked by April 3) to:Shelter Island Educational Foundation
Attn: Grants Committee
PO Box 1950
Shelter Island, NY 11964
- Incomplete and invalid applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be as concise as possible and supporting documentation limited. A member of the Grants Committee may contact the applicant if additional information is required.
- In judging applications, preference will be given to those who apply for off-Island experiences that, in the opinion of the Grants Committee, offer the most challenging and creative possibilities.
- April 4-21: Applicants Interviewed (if necessary)
- April 24-28: Applicants Notified of Decisions
If you need assistance completing your application, please contact Shelter Island School teacher Mrs. Mahoney at email@example.com.
Note: If you have been approved for a grant, you are required to submit a GRANT PAYMENT FORM. It takes at least two weeks upon receipt of the form for the Foundation to issue a grant check.