Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant
from the Shelter Island Educational Foundation!
The Shelter Island Educational Foundation will soon be accepting Individual and Institutional grant applications for programs and projects taking place in the spring and summer of the 2018 school year. Please download and read these guidelines: Fall 2017 SIEF Grant Application Guidelines.
Grant application forms will soon become available by clicking on the relevant link below. Download and save the application form to your computer/tablet. Complete the “live” form (with fillable fields) on your device using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent software, and then print it for signatures. [We suggest not using your Internet browser to enter information into these forms — you will lose unsaved information when your browser is closed.] Note that we no longer accept handwritten applications.
Institutional Grant Application – Fall 2017
Individual Grant Application – Fall 2017
Grant Application Processing Schedule:
- Monday, October 2: Applications Available Online Only
- Monday, October 30: Applications Due at SIEF
- Applications, along with recommendations and the essay for individual projects, must be completed, signed, and mailed (postmarked by October 30) to:
Shelter Island Educational Foundation Attn: Grants Committee PO Box 1950 Shelter Island, NY 11964
- Incomplete and invalid applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be as concise as possible and supporting documentation limited. A member of the Grants Committee may contact the applicant if additional information is required.
- In judging applications, preference will be given to those who apply for off-Island experiences that, in the opinion of the Grants Committee, offer the most challenging and creative possibilities.
- October 31 – November 18: Applicants Interviewed (if necessary)
- November 20 – 27: Applicants Notified of Decisions
If you need assistance completing your application, please contact Shelter Island School teacher Mrs. Mahoney at email@example.com.