Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant from the Shelter Island Educational Foundation!
The deadline for submitting applications for the Fall 2017 grants cycle has passed. Please revisit this page in January 2018 for information concerning the Spring 2018 grants cycle.
For additional information you may download and read these guidelines: Fall 2017 SIEF Grant Application Guidelines.
Grant Application Processing Schedule:
- Monday, October 2: Applications Available Online Only
- Monday, October 30: Applications Due at SIEF
- Applications, along with recommendations and the essay for individual projects, must be completed, signed, and mailed (postmarked by October 30) to:
Shelter Island Educational Foundation Attn: Grants Committee PO Box 1950 Shelter Island, NY 11964
- Incomplete and invalid applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be as concise as possible and supporting documentation limited. A member of the Grants Committee may contact the applicant if additional information is required.
- In judging applications, preference will be given to those who apply for off-Island experiences that, in the opinion of the Grants Committee, offer the most challenging and creative possibilities.
- If you need assistance completing your application, please contact Shelter Island School teacher Mrs. Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 31 – November 18: Applicants Interviewed (if necessary)
- November 20 – 27: Applicants Notified of Decisions
Grant Payment Form
If you have been approved for a grant, you are required to submit a GRANT PAYMENT FORM. It takes at least two weeks upon receipt of the form for the Foundation to issue a grant check.