The deadline for submission of applications for the fall 2018 grant cycle for programs taking place in the winter of 2018/19 and during the 2018/19 school year is Friday, October 26 at 3 p.m.
For additional information you may click on the following link to download and read the Fall 2018 grant application guidelines:
Grant Application Processing Schedule:
Monday, October 1: Application forms available online only.
Click here for individual forms.
Click here for Institutional forms.
Friday, October 26: Applications due
- Applicants must be year-round Shelter Island residents.
- Incomplete and invalid applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be as concise as possible and supporting documentation limited. A member of the Grants Committee may contact the applicant if additional information is required.
- In judging applications, preference will be given to those who apply for off-Island experiences that, in the opinion of the Grants Committee, offer the most challenging and creative possibilities.
- Applicants should drop their completed and signed applications in the Main Office at the Shelter Island School during school hours on or before Friday, October 26 at 3 pm. Please do not mail them!
- If you need more information, please contact Mrs. Mahoney at Janine.Mahoney@shelterisland.k12.ny.us or at 631-749-0302, extension 133.
November 8 – 12: Applicants Interviewed (if necessary)
November 19 – 27: Applicants Notified of Decisions
Grant Payment Form
If you have been approved for a grant, you are required to submit a GRANT PAYMENT FORM. It takes at least two weeks upon receipt of the form for the Foundation to issue a grant check. Please do not wait until the last minute to return this form.