The deadline for submission of applications for the spring 2019 grant cycle for programs taking place in the spring and summer of 2019 and during the 2019/20 school year is Friday, April 12 at 3 p.m.
For additional information you may click on the following link to download and read the Fall 2018 grant application guidelines:
Grant Application Processing Schedule:
Thursday, March 14: Application forms available online only.
Click here for individual forms.
Click here for Institutional forms.
Friday, April 12: Applications due
- Applicants must be year-round Shelter Island residents.
- Incomplete and invalid applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be as concise as possible and supporting documentation limited. A member of the Grants Committee may contact the applicant if additional information is required.
- In judging applications, preference will be given to those who apply for off-Island experiences that, in the opinion of the Grants Committee, offer the most challenging and creative possibilities.
- Applicants should drop their completed and signed applications in the Main Office at the Shelter Island School during school hours on or before Friday, April 12 at 3 pm. Please do not mail them.
- If you need more information, please contact Mrs. Mahoney at Janine.Mahoney@shelterisland.k12.ny.us or at 631-749-0302, extension 133.
Week of April 29: Applicants Interviewed (if necessary)
Week of May 12: Applicants Notified of Decisions
Grant Payment Form
If you have been approved for a grant, you are required to submit a GRANT PAYMENT FORM. It takes at least two weeks upon receipt of the form for the Foundation to issue a grant check. Please do not wait until the last minute to return this form.